Laboratory Assistant (School of Mining and Geosciences)
з/п не указана
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
Only CV-s in English will be considered.
1) provide assistance in conducting laboratory sessions in support of the teaching and research mission of the School;
2) maintain laboratory equipment in good working condition;
3) prepare plans for laboratory classes in accordance with the instructions of the faculty members and the heads, and the available equipment and reagents;
4) work closely with teaching assistants and faculty members of the school in preparation of laboratory sessions;
5) control over the acceptance, inspection, testing and inventory of purchased equipment and supplies;
6) planning and control of activities related to the installation, maintenance, configuration and ongoing testing of laboratory equipment;
7) participate in formation of budget request of the school for the corresponding financial year and for a short term;
8) ensuring the proper maintenance of laboratory facilities in accordance with the needs of laboratory users, international operating regulations, and safety
9) to conduct pilot tests for laboratory experiments and exercises;
10) to train TAs and students on the safe and proper use of equipment;
11) to analyze the need for laboratory equipment, consumables and reagents, and to process applications for purchasing the above.
12) to maintain adequate inventory;
13) to implement the safety plan of the school and the university, including maintenance of records;
to assist in course related activities and other duties related to the academic and research missions of the school as assigned by Department Head or Dean.
Bachelor degree or its equivalent from a higher education institution with English language of instruction; Master’s degree is preferred
Priority specializations: STEM majors
At least 1-year experience of working with laboratory equipment. Excellent knowledge of safety basics during the work on laboratory equipment
English is a must.
Fluency in Kazakh, Russian and English languages both spoken and written.
Working conditions: 5/2, 8 hours working day.
One year renewable employment contract.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!