GIZ Office Kazakhstan would like to announce a new vacant position in the capacity of Administrative professional in the Project „Energy and Resource Efficiency as contribution to Green Economy in Kazakhstan and Central Asia“.
Kazakhstan's growing economy is characterized by high consumption of fossil energy and natural resources. The Kazakh Green Economy (GE) strategy therefore includes fields of action and priorities for low-emission economic development. Kazakhstan's National Determined Contributions (NDCs) provides for a reduction of GHG emissions from 15% (unconditioned) to 25% (conditional) by 2030 (compared to 1990). This is to be achieved using energy-efficient technologies and renewable energy.
The aim of the project is to improve the institutional and technical capacities for implementing the Green Economy Strategy and thus also the NDCs, combined with positive effects on Central Asia. Within the framework of three work packages: (1) policy design, (2) the establishment of dialogue and consultation mechanisms (including the private sector) and (3) the dissemination of learning experiences will support the achievement of the goals of the national Green Economy Strategy and the NDC as well as the facilitation of the green economy/ NDC related experiences exchange with the neighboring CA countries.
The project reduces climate and environmental impacts by creating a policy framework for implementing the Green Economy Strategy and increasing energy and resource efficiency in the industrial sector. This can increase innovation, employment and competitiveness.
Duty station: Astana, Kazakhstan
Application Deadline: 05.02.2019
- providing administrative-financial, logistical support services for the project;
- supporting contract management (supports in drawing up contracts and reviewing the provision of services etc.);
- procurement of materials and equipment (monitors the availability of accessories and stocks and carries out procurement in accordance with guidelines);
- coordinating external communication of the project in Kazakhstan;
- ensures that information is exchanged between project/programme staff, partners and other institutions;
- prepares and organises internal meetings, organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops etc.);
- helps prepare project budget planning, helps monitor expenses in accordance with the budget and financial plans;
- is responsible for financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bank accounts, preparing and entering vouchers
- checks travel expense statements of staff for approval by the superior;
- audits project accounting;
- keeping files, databases, registers, warehousing, etc.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- broad experience of management and administration;
- in-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting / bank system;
- good monitoring, reporting and communication skills;
- strong organizational skills;
- good writing skills and experience in PR and external communication;
- working experience within the EU, OSCE, GIZ or a similar international agency is an asset;
- high motivation and an ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
- excellent working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office; graphical design applications);
- excellent written and spoken German or English as well as excellent Russian skills; knowledge of Kazakh is an asset.
- Full time;
- Stable salary;
- Good opportunity for personal and professional development.