Head of Office In Kazakhstan of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
з/п не указана
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The ICRC regional delegation is present in Central Asia since 1992, where it works to protect and assist vulnerable populations suffering the consequences of conflict and other emergencies, in cooperation with the National Red Crescent Societies. The ICRC assists the region’s National Societies and state authorities in developing their capacities, particularly in emergency preparedness, restoring family links and promoting International Humanitarian Law (IHL). It supports the implementation of IHL and other international norms, and fosters understanding of the ICRC’s mandate and work.
Duty station in Astana, Kazakhstan, 100%
- Represents the ICRC in Kazakhstan.
- Makes analysis and advises the Management and staff on context issues, and contributes to the definition of the overall strategies of the delegation.
- Actively maintains and develops a network of interlocutors within the national authorities, security and armed forces, academic circles, civil society, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, international institutions and any other influential stakeholder; facilitates Management's access to them.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the annual action plan for Kazakhstan in IHL implementation and dissemination with the ICRC programme responsible staff.
- Supports and monitors implementation of specific humanitarian programmes.
- Writes minutes, institutional reports, briefing notes and other required documentation.
- Day to day management of the office.
- University Degree (Master in International Relations, Humanitarian Diploma, Political science)
- 8 years’ work experience in a similar field, in a representation and negotiation role
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kazakh and Russian
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication, networking & negotiation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Autonomous and dynamic
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, with capacity to engage, persuade and influence others
- Emotional intelligence, effective communication and listening skills
- Open minded and adaptable, ethical values, and ability to interact collaboratively in a multicultural team
- Neat appearance, well developed writing and summarizing skills
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding organised
- Possibilities of working in a fast-paced environment
- A competitive salary with benefits with initial one-year of employment contract
Starting date: 18 March 2019
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations; only complete application files in English will be considered.
Attn: Human Resources
Deadline for applications: 21 January 2019
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted)