In order to contribute to AIFC’s competitive edge as a financial centre over the longer term, the AIFC Governor announced the creation of the Bureau for Continuing Professional Development as AIFC structural division on the 29th of August 2016.
The structural division of the AIFC BCPD was allocated to the subsidiary of AIFC Authority in January 2019.
The AIFC BCPD’s mission is to become the leading professional development body in the fields of accounting, finance, legal, human resources, information and communication technology (ICT) and corporate governance, in Kazakhstan and the region.
The mission is to develop human capital in the AIFC ecosystem and beyond by creating a platform for continuing professional development, formation and support of professional communities, accessible expertise and open dialogue of market professionals.
The AIFC BCPD is driven by the ardent desire to promote the highest standards of professional excellence, integrity and accountability, and to advance human talent development through training and mentorship.
In addition, the AIFC BCPD is responsible for investment and financial literacy programmes related to the AIFC’s core pillars including Islamic finance, fintech, capital markets, green finance, as well as asset and wealth management.
● Provision of education and training opportunities in the field of the AIFC ecosystem;
● Establishment of a pool of experts with international certification in financial services and support sectors for AIFC participants and beyond;
● Develop and implement professional qualification standards and continuing professional development programmes for the AIFC ecosystem;
● Provision of educational content to provide to individuals and small and medium-sized businesses through the development of effective investment literacy programmes;
● Contribution to the development professional education sector of Kazakhstan